Here is a amphibian species which I designed. The species would be around 10ft tall, and be able to mainly live on land yet frequently hunts in the lakes nearby using its strong back legs and tail to navigate through the depths.
This is a collaboration project with an animator who will rig and animate a walk cycle for my model. The idea was to design a unique creature which will need a lot of small detailing and texture so that I can use a lot of sculpting programmes for the detail.
This project was again to widen my opportunities through my portfolio, showing that I can design my own creatures and model to a high standard. But first, the designs!
I had a lot of fun with this project, as it was the first time I'd ever used 'thumb nailing' to begin a design process, a process I will definately use in the future because it really expanded my thought process and I got some very unique silhouettes out of it.
Again, this guy doesn't have a name, but by he looks of it, he really doesn't need one.
(pose in promo inspired by Lagiacrus concept art)
(pose in promo inspired by Lagiacrus concept art)
(


















No comments:
Post a Comment