Thursday, 3 April 2014

Justi Romero


Justi Romero is a CG Artist I recently came across, whilst looking for creature inspiration as that is the next project I will begin after the Pathfinder interior is completed.

Born in Spain and now working as a CG Artist in London, you can see his skills are impressive by the sculpts he produces shown on his website, that need no diffuse or spec maps to enhance the detail. Each model has high detail of texture sculpted in and it takes a talented artist to be able to show models to this standard, ones that need no other maps.




However this is not the main interest I have in this artist, it is his website. As a CG Artist most of my self promotion will be through putting myself and my work online for possible employers to view, so I need a professional website of my own to allow my work to be seen in the best way possible. As I already have this progressing blog I have a starting point to promote myself, but I do still need to create myself  a website,for my final works to be shown.

So the first thing I really need to start doing is looking up other websites to see how other companies/ freelancers promote their work, and how successful they are, which brings me back to Justi Romero's website. 



With a very simplistic layout, and limited links I really like the format of this site. He has let his work speak for itself, being the main and only images one screen, slowly transitioning through each image available to see. The slow image changing shows this artist wants the viewer to take a good long look sat his work and isn't trying to hide anything in his models, clearly confident of his high skill levels. 

The limited links allow easy navigation of the page, only putting up what employers would want to see; who he is, still images, turns and past experience. 

Simplistic fonts and colouring looks very professional, almost as if the page were saying 'I don't need to show off, my work does it all' , a technique a lot of the most successful and well known companies also use. 


This had made me think, I need a website that is effective. If I can produce work that along with a simplistic website will interest people, I'll have created a successful website!



for Justi Romero's website click here

No comments:

Post a Comment