Thursday, 3 April 2014

'Pathfinder' modelling begins



Recently I've been working on 'Pathfinder', a sci-fi based project in which me and +Kim McCarthy  are collaborating as environment artists to concept, model and texture the interior of the main ship. This ship is being chased though space ny an enemy ship, and the interior is seen in shots where actors are composited in by VFX artists with lighting and special effects edited after, alongside a sound technician added sound effects and voicing on top.


Pathfinder is one of the bigger projects I'm working on at the moment right now, so I first started by making very basic models of each asset, to then show to the director and make sure the basic form is correct before adding more detail. This was a vital stage in the process, as the dimensions of some assets such as the navigation tables needed to be exact as these same measurements were being used in the green screening room with the actors, in order to produce the most natural feeling environment. 
 



 
 
platform


 
navigation tables


 
door

 
wall pipes




I'm reasonably happy with the base mesh so far, as I've tried to limit my loop flow to only what's needed for form in my models, and the shapes are pretty clean. Once the diffuse maps are on and rendered I'll go back and check the loops once more to see if all loops are still required to keep the same structure, as some form may be shown enough in the diffuse map alone. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment